Thursday 5 January 2012

These Shoes

Such a reality check going back to school this week:  Lunch boxes to make , school uniform  set out at night, PE kits to be found, spellings learnt, year 8 exams to be sat and very, very scarily GCSE modules to be taken. The howling wind and dreary rain are not helping the launch back into term time life, we are all longing for the slower pace of life we enjoyed during the christmas break.





I saw the shoes all ready by the front door this morning and realised just how much I love and miss the little (and not so little) people who fill them. 

 (It is only the first week back so we are still in organised mode, as the term progresses they are much more likely to be on a pile under the pushchair!)    








  After the morning drop at school  I took Coco, our slightly batty dog for a walk across the fields a short walk from our house.  It was very windy, rainy  and January miserable but  also refreshing to be out in the fresh air.  As I walked I was reflecting on the importance of finding time to appreciate the little things in life, of developing a thankful heart and enjoying all I have at the moment. The need to cultivate a thankful attitude and encourage the  family to do the same.  Often life gets so busy and I rush around doing things rather than appreciating the little important things; I forget to tell the people I love how precious they are in my little world.  This is my note to myself:


Make time to appreciate something or someone today!





2 comments:

  1. I have missed my brood and they have only been back two days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The early starts back have meant I've been able to appreciate some wonderful sunrises. The home is too quite once they go back to school and the older ones back to their thing.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, they really do brighten my day!